Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager in Holmdel, New Jersey
Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) reporting and other related sustainability standards are fast becoming critical metrics by which businesses are evaluated and valued in addition to their financial performance.
While voluntary today, these reporting standards will become required by law in Europe in 2024 with the US expected to follow. This creates a massive market opportunity.
ESG PlayBook is a leader in this emerging market offering the most reporting standards under a single SaaS platform. Our target markets are those responsible for sustainability reporting in private and public companies as well as asset managers and private equity firms needing to report on their portfolios.
The Business Development Manager is a new role within ESG PlayBook and with all new positions within a start-up it is a role for someone who is comfortable working from a clean slate and working to define how we go to market, prospect and sell.
You will manage new business activities, relationships and revenue streams, selling the entire range of company products to our current and new clients working cohesively with the CEO/Founder.
As the company grows, you will build a team around you to market, sell, service and grow in both the US and European markets. This is an ideal position for either a sales team leader or an individual contributor ready to take the next step of their career.
Role and Responsibilities
- Direct sales – prospecting, responding to inbound opportunities and upselling.
- Overseeing the end-to-end business development process for prospective clients, from initial contact to onboarding to renewal.
- Establish and develop a strategy and sales process for identifying and closing new sales opportunities including sales materials.
- Foster innovation and contribute to ongoing initiatives to continuously improve our approach to service and retain our clients.
- Providing product advice on ESG PlayBook’s suite of products.
- Develop our brand and new opportunities in target markets with the support of marketing.
- Work closely with the CEO to define the additional sales roles, timing of hires and go to market strategy for our US & European presence.
Education And Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ previous experience in sales, business development or sales management.
- Knowledge of ESG, SASB, TCFD, SCM and PRI reporting and/or standards sustainability frameworks preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting preferred but not required – ESG, SASB, TCFD, SCM and PRI.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, self-driven with a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
ESG PlayBook is headquartered in Holmdel, New Jersey. We anticipate a hybrid work environment later in 2021 and the ability to work in Holmdel one to two days per week is required.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Position includes base and incentive compensation, stock options, and expense reimbursement.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume/cv from the contact page.
ESG PlayBook is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
See more about the Company – check out www.esgplaybook.com
ESG Playbook – The only platform that offers all the ESG reporting tools in one place.
#jobopenings #wearehiring #jobannouncement #jobhunt2021 #jobalerts #esgplaybookjobs