Product Owner in Holmdel, New Jersey
Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) reporting and other related sustainability standards are fast becoming critical metrics by which businesses are evaluated and valued in addition to their financial performance.
While voluntary today, these reporting standards will become required by law in Europe in 2022 with the US expected to follow. This creates a massive market opportunity.
ESG PlayBook is a leader in this emerging market offering the most reporting standards under a single SaaS platform. Our target markets are those responsible for sustainability reporting in private and public companies as well as asset managers and private equity firms needing to report on their portfolios.
The Product Owner is a new role within ESG PlayBook and with all new positions within a start-up it is a role for someone who is comfortable working from a clean slate. It is also a unique role in that you will be part project manager – managing our development process and part product manager – owning requirements and our product roadmap.
Working closely with the CEO/Founder you will own the product roadmap, prioritizing activities and planning to strategically achieve the business goals. You will be the point person on Agile practices and fulfil the obligations of a Scrum Product Owner working with the development team and owning the QA process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own business and functional requirements with input from the CEO/Founder, clients, prospects and your own industry research. Translates these business needs into technical requirements and user stories.
- Define, prioritize and manage the product roadmap.
- Monitors and maintains the product health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency, and balancing long and short term and costs with desired outcomes.
- Works daily with the agile working group, clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and supporting alignment around product strategy.
- Communicates expected value and any changes in value to be delivered in each sprint based on the team-determined capacity to ensure visibility and transparency.
- Lead user experience design, usability testing and QA.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where challenges are raised and explored with an emphasis of problem solving.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of our competitors, their features and user experience.
Education And Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree as well as 5+ years of project management and/or product management experience ideally working with SaaS products.
- Practical experience in Agile methodologies and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Google FireBase, React, and Jira desired.
- Knowledge of ESG, SASB, TCFD, SCM and PRI reporting and/or standards preferred but not required.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions daily. Strong problem solver with demonstrated ability to lead a team to push solutions and progress.
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amongst uncertainty.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, self-driven with a high sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
ESG PlayBook is headquartered in Holmdel, New Jersey. We anticipate a hybrid work environment later in 2021 and the ability to work in Holmdel one to two days per week is required.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Position includes base and incentive compensation, stock options, and expense reimbursement.
To apply, please submit a job application from the contact page and include a cover letter and resume/cv.
ESG PlayBook is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
See more about the Company – check out www.esgplaybook.com
ESG Playbook – The only platform that offers all the ESG reporting tools in one place.
#jobopenings #wearehiring #jobannouncement #jobhunt2021 #jobalerts #esgplaybookjobs