Quality Assurance Engineer in Holmdel, New Jersey
Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) reporting and other related sustainability standards are fast becoming critical metrics by which businesses are evaluated and valued in addition to their financial performance.
While voluntary today, these reporting standards will become required by law in Europe in 2024 with the US expected to follow. This creates a massive market opportunity.
ESG PlayBook is a leader in this emerging market offering the most reporting standards under a single SaaS platform. Our target markets are those responsible for sustainability reporting in private and public companies as well as asset managers and private equity firms needing to report on their portfolios.
The QA Engineer is a new role within ESG PlayBook and with all new positions within a start-up it is a role for someone who is comfortable working from a clean slate. The QA Engineer will work to ensure that our application reaches a level of perfection.
This position is ideal for someone who is highly detail oriented and relentless in their pursuit to ensure a SaaS application runs optimally. The QA Engineer is responsible for ensuring our platform is fully functional, meet specifications, and you will do a multitude of in-depth checks. This role is responsible for leading and incorporating best practices into the QA practice, they are a model and example to the team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) across multiple platforms.
- Write detailed and easy to understand bug reports.
- Test and verify bug fixes.
- Own communication with development and business partners.
- Work with teams to collaborate and ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Developers to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Write clear and concise test cases.
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Attend project meetings and keep teams informed
- Coach, mentor and educate others on QA best practices
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Experience with the Agile methodology and regression testing a plus.
- Familiarity testing on OS X and Windows.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Passion for creating perfect products.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work, sometimes under pressure.
- Desire and ability to pick up new responsibilities quickly.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Knowledge of front-end web testing and automation.
- Ability to clearly document and troubleshoot errors.
- Understand how to test plan and write test cases.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of browser variations.
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of work experience
- 4 year college degree in relevant field
ESG PlayBook is headquartered in Holmdel, New Jersey. We anticipate a hybrid work environment later in 2021 but working remote will be considered for this role.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Position includes base and incentive compensation, stock options, and expense reimbursement.
To apply, please submit a job application from the contact page and include a cover letter and resume/cv.
ESG PlayBook is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
See more about the Company – check out www.esgplaybook.com
ESG Playbook – The only platform that offers all the ESG reporting tools in one place.
#jobopenings #wearehiring #jobannouncement #jobhunt2021 #jobalerts #esgplaybookjobs