Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) reporting and other related standards are fast becoming critical metrics by which businesses are evaluated and valued in addition to their financial performance. While voluntary today, these reporting standards will become required by law in Europe in 2025. This creates a massive market opportunity. ESG Playbook is a leader in this emerging market offering the most standards under a single platform and is looking for a Carbon Specialist to help us maintain our competitive advantage. This is a new role within ESG Playbook and with all new positions within a start-up it is a role for someone who is comfortable working from a clean slate and is also motivated by the impact they can have.
ESG Playbook offers the most reporting tools and frameworks in the industry on a single integrated platform with streamlined data collection and analysis. Contextual guidance, prebuilt templates and the ability to mix and match reporting standards to create customized reports and dashboards further sets ESG Playbook apart from the competition and provides its clients across industries the flexibility they need in this evolving market.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to and support the evolution of our carbon calculator with a focus on Life Cycle Analysis (LCA).
- Provide client guidance and onboarding as they self perform their own carbon reports.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in climate science and sustainable finance and incorporate them into ESG Playbook’s products and services.
- Review, test and update ESG Playbook’s inference data methodology on an annual basis.
- Review methodology and develop analytics around PCAFand GHG implementation and carbon foot-printing for different asset classes.
- Increase quality and coverage of data collected.
- Build team expertise in understanding of GHG protocols and emissions data.
Education And Work Experience
- STEM Degree (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) or suitable experience and skills
- Minimum 7 years of experience working on climate change issues, preferably within a consulting environment.
- Proven technical expertise in GHG quantification and accounting across global sources including Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions.
- Knowledge of industry reporting standards related to sustainability, such as CDP, GRI, RE100, and the GHG Protocol; other accounting standards are also helpful.
- Experience conducting national, enterprise-level carbon accounting assessments is a plus.
ESG Playbook is headquartered in the United States in New Jersey but this remote role will be located in the United States or Western Europe.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Position includes base and incentive compensation, stock options, and expense reimbursement.
ESG Playbook is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit a job application from the contact page and include a cover letter and resume/cv.